On Thurs. February 22nd, 2018, NASS participants will have the opportunity to partake in field trips to visit various oil and gas companies' facilities and operations, ranging from offshore drilling to completions to reservoir analysis.
If interested, please fill out the form below. To be placed on field trips, it is based on first come, first served! Be mindful that each field trip has a cap due to facility capacities. Descriptions are also provided below.
- Baker Hughes
- Please join us for a tour of the Gulf Of Mexico Operational Headquarters for Baker Hughes, a GE Company in Broussard, LA. You will have the opportunity to see the tools and technology used for cutting edge, ultra-deepwater wells and includes tours for both the Drilling and Evaluation as well as the Completions and Production facilities.
- Core Laboratories
- Fluid samples are evaluated in the lab to establish their physical and chemical properties, such as hydrocarbon type and the pressure, volume, temperature (PVT) behavior of the reserves in place. These properties help form the foundation for planning efficient field development. The investment in facilities and processing depends on the amount, types and flow characteristics of fluids in the reservoir. A short presentation and physical tour of our facility here in Broussard, Louisiana will touch on the main objectives our clients hope to achieve by having their reservoir fluid samples tested at our laboratory.
- Shell Robert Training Center
- The Shell Robert Training & Conference Center (RTCC) is situated on 20 private surrounded by woods in Robert, Louisiana and conveniently located near the intersection of Interstates 12 and 55 between Hammond and Covington, Louisiana. Every year, thousands of men and women come to RTCC to prepare themselves for the ever-increasing challenges of working in oil and gas operations. Opened initially to handle training and development for Shell’s domestic operating staff, the Center has long since become an important training resource for the industry globally. Each course we offer is a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on experience that gives each student an opportunity to troubleshoot, analyze problems and reach real-time decisions under the watchful eyes of knowledgeable instructors. Our labs are equipped with the same control rooms, electrical panels, instruments, blow out preventers, subsea control system, computer networks, and other drilling and production equipment that our students must deal with on the job. The Center features 20 multi-purpose classrooms and conference facilities ranging in capacity from 8 to 300, guest computers with free wireless internet access, two onsite galleys which serve 3 hot meals per day and healthy choices, onsite lodging for 144 with cable TV and phone access in each room, laundry facilities, workout facilities and a game room.
- Workstrings International
- Workstrings International is the global leading oilfield equipment rental company providing quality primary Drill Strings in all API Connections and Specialty Connections, Tubing, Landing Strings, Completion Tubulars (CTM, GTM and TTM,) and handling accessories using in-house engineering and cutting edge technologies. Workstrings International is the only company in the world capable of providing the MaXit 7 5/8" Drill Pipe Casing Landing String. Greg Elliott, founder of Workstrings LLC and graduate of the LSU Petroleum Engineering program is President of the integrated Workstrings International company. Global Headquarters are located in Broussard, Louisiana, US, with Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) corporate offices in Aberdeen, UK and both Engineering and Marketing Headquarters based in Houston, Texas, US.